Pages

Tuesday 4 November 2014

Trying to start again

Well it has been almost 2 years since I last wrote anything here. I was logging on to Blogger with the intent of setting up a new blog.  I have a lot going on in my life and figured that would be a good way to help sort some of it out in my head.  When I saw my old blog sitting there on the screen I decided that this would be the place to do it rather then starting a new one.

I could spend a month writing posts trying to update people on the various events of my life.  Instead I will just leave it out and post things that our current and that matter to me.  Hopefully they are things of interest to readers as well, but if not I don't really care all that much.

So lets get back to the reason I was on blogger in the first place and why I was looking to start a new blog: My health!  I've always been a large man, and by large I mean obese.  In fact from a medical point of view I am morbidly obese.  My BMI is in around the 50 mark. I have tried various things over the years to lose weight with different levels of success, all of which ended in long term failure and the return of any weight lost with a little or a lot extra.  :(

Now about a 1 and a half ago I spoke with my doctor about the possibility of Gastric By Pass (I know that isn't the medical term) Roughly 5 months after the referral I received a nice email say I was to fat for the guidelines under which they were doing the procedure.  So that I figure as they say was that.  Now we fast forward about 3 months ago, another letter arrives with a time and date for me to come down for an orientation session.  That was October 22nd, I left the meeting excited and hopeful about the future that the operation could lead too.

I was lucky enough to be able to talk with a couple of people who had been through the processes. They offered a wealth of useful and exciting tips.  One of those tips was to get my application in as quickly as I can. The faster I get in my application the faster I would be moving forward in the process.  So I followed the advise my application was dropped off on Friday October 31st.  This afternoon in the mail was a letter from their offices I move on to the next step which is the interview that will take place on December 5th.

Anyways the processes is underway and I will post more about it and other things going on in the next couple of days.

No comments: