Pages

Thursday 7 June 2012

Thursday Tips - Camp NanoWrimo

NanoWrimo tips So I'm having a hell of a time with Camp Nanowrimo this month. So I'm taking a few minutes to look back on my practices from past Nano making some notes on what has worked for me to try and remind myself of what I need to do.
I think this might become something of a regular thing. Thursday tips, so check back often and see what I'm writing about each week. If you have suggestions or requests for a tip list then just comment and I'll see what I can do for you.
  • Write in chunks, 3-5 times per day. 
  • The minimum is 1,667. We all know the magic number and so many of us struggle to reach it some days. Always try to build in some padding to your word count. Instead of shooting for that aim for 2,000. That way when you're short one day you have that back up. 
  • Buy yourself a reward and don't let yourself touch it until you hit that 50k 
  • Turn the TV off. If you have to cook/clean/do other chores, make them brief. 
  • Limit yourself to checking your emails & Facebook with meals and for no longer the. 30 minutes at a time. This one will be different for each person as everyone uses Facebook and email for different things. The important here is set a limit and stick to it. 
  • If you have spare time and for whatever reason can't work directly on your novel then use the time for outlining. 
  • Take the time to read the encouraging emails sent out by Nano. They offer a variety of tips and suggestions.
  • Find local group, it is great motivation to be writing along side other people with a similar goal. 
Well that's it for now I have a lot of catching up to do at this point.  So back to the word mines.

1 comment:

Rhonda Parrish said...

Outlining... What is this thing of which you speak?

;)

~ Rhonda Parrish