- Samwise - He stuck by Frodo through thick and thin. No wizard or anyone else said he had to do what he did. He did it out of friendship, loyality, and love for Frodo.
- Neo - Through his god like power both in and out of the Matrix he was save the world and break the cycle. More importantly he showed the importance of love and made a lot of people question their own reality.
- Kal-El / Steve Rogers - I'm lumping both of these to fine fellows together because they both embodied the same ideals of loyalty, Patrotism, and doing right for everyone in their guises of Superman and Captain America.
- Severus Snape - The character willing put up with being one of the most hated characters in history. He also sacrificed so much of his life by siding with good and still pretending to be evil all at the same time. In the end he made the ultimate scarifice when he killed his friend, mentor, and champion of good so that he could continue to do what must be done.
- John McClaine - He was always in the wrong place at the wrong time, but he should millions that you could still do the right thing.
- Frankenstein (Death Race 2000) - He turned the movie's society on its head by trying to make changes to it.
- The Hulk - The struggle for balance between our inner rage and peace has never been better shown then through the character of the Hulk. Two movies, a live action television show and a cartoon, as well as more comic book appearances then you can shake a massive green fist at.
- Micheal Moore - the Master of the docudrama. He has tackled some very serious issues and brought them to light in a humourous and entertaining way. No matter how you feel about his politics he has had a major impact on America
- Oprah Winfrey - A household name the world over, Oprah is one of the most powerful and wealthest woman in the world. Yet despite her power and wealth or perhaps because of it she gives back a lot. A great example of this was a two day celebration she held in her home for woman. She invited 15 powerful woman and 15 up and coming woman to the event to meet and build connections. It looked like an amazing experience and it was all paid for out of Oprah's pocket.
- Steve Jobs - the man who brought us the Ipod. I he is a hero to both music and computer fans the world over.
- Michael Valentine Smith - As a fictional character in only a single stand alone book he made a huge difference in some parts of the world. He spawned a religion on his own in The Church of all Worlds. He helped to bring about reform in the way we look at relationships and the way we look at ourselves. Thou art God and all that groks is god.
- Tye Pennington - He seems to have started out as the sexy carpenter on Trading Spaces but was able to convert that success and status in to a show of his own. Now he travels America helping familys in need.
- Charlie Epps - A television character who is showing the world the magic of Math. While making it fun, entertaining and solving fictional crimes.
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others’ comments. It’s easy, and fun!
Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants