One thing that was really interesting about the appointment is that the doctor never really asked which surgery I wanted. Which had been a topic of discussion between myself and tamile for several months. He just looked over my file, and started talking about the gastric by-pass
So here is the basic run down of things at this point as I understand them.
- July 2nd: I stopping eating real food. For the next 3 weeks I will be drinking 5 bottles of Boost Diabetic in order to shrink my liver so that the surgery can be performed safely.
- I've been told that during this time I will likely be fairly Hangry ( A cross between hunger and angry)
- July 23rd I have to be at the hospital for 6:30am. For those of you who didn't know such a time existed it is in the AM. Apparently normally you are in the hospital overnight
- Afterwards it is all about learning to eat again. The first week I will be limited to liquid foods, which I will basically spend the whole day sipping at.
- Then once I can stomach that it is time for foods that have gone through a bullet blender
- Then soft foods that haven't been blended and so.
I've been told I could be off work anywhere from 1 to 2 months. I'm excited by this opportunity and honestly a little scared by it. I've been fat as long as I can remember and this strikes me as the best way to make a life style change that will last. Right now the plan is to take a post a picture from Canada day, another 1 the day before surgery and regular photo updates after that.