Pages

Thursday 28 May 2015

Post By-Pass Follow Up

Sorry to keep my readers in suspense, assuming anyone is really reading this I honestly don't know.  If you are take a moment to comment on a post and let me know how you're doing.  While I don't mind the idea of doing this as a solo exercise in self discouvery it is still nice to know I'm not discouvering on my own.  Anyways back to the point of this post an update about my second follow up appointment.

It went awesome!  Shortly after I arrived I was ushered into a meeting with the dietitian.  Who tried to go over my records on My Fitness Pal.  I guess the site was down for some maintenance or something because she was having a hell of a time accessing anything on her computer.  Thankfully I had kept fairly good paper records as well.  So she was able to go through it and make a few suggestions where I needed to make further change or continue to make changes in my eating habits. Over all she was happy with what she had seen.  I asked fairly early on in the meeting what the process was at this point if I would find anything out today or if I would have to wait to receive a letter or something.  Sadly the dietitian was really noncommittal about the whole thing.

After I was done with her it was back out to the waiting room to see the nurse.  Thankfully the nurse was basically waiting for me to be done with the dietitian and so more or less I went from one office right in to the other one.  Unlike the dietitian the nurse was super forth coming about everything.  She took one look at my papers and read through the notes on my file and said I would be going forward.  The rest of my time with her was spent talking about how things would happen now.

The main difference I have seen so far is how fast everything is happening.  I had that meeting with the nurse on the 13th of May I have the first meeting with the doctors on the 29th of May.  So everything is starting to move super fast.  Of course it also seems like it was a blur because I've been insanely busy, and very excited.

Anyways their is your update for now, as always more later.

1 comment:

Jacquie said...

I'm still here!! I love when the nurses are more forthcoming than the doctors!!