Pages

Saturday 18 April 2015

Advice

In the mundane life I've been super busy with work.  The company decided to cross train a number of people from my department in to a completely different area.  We are still doing what we used to do but now we do more as well.  Over all from a business point of view I understand it, and can see how it will lead to less people having to be transferred from one department to another.That being said this new area isn't easy.  There are a lot of different situations that have to be remembered, and a lot of cases where if one thing happens then three of other things need to be remembered.  All in all I'm trying to make the best of the situation since I really don't have any control over it.  Hopefully in the long run it will work out

Household wise the girlfriend is facing some personal situation which is playing out across the whole household.  I'm not going to go into any details about it here because honestly it isn't my story to share.  It did lead to a few surprise revelations and some personal insight which I feel pretty good about over all.  I'm also confident that we will all come out of this stronger for it on the other side both as individuals and and as a household.

So I've pretty much always been the type of person who people can talk to.  I'll meet someone and within a few days if they need someone to talk with I am often that person.  I just have the gift of listening, I'm able to be something of sounding board for people.  I try not to offer advice and just let them draw there own conclusions.  People come to me to vent and to bitch, what they never do is come to me for advice, that changed this past week.

During last week I was approached by two separate people who came to me asking for advice.  It felt really strange to me on a lot of levels to have someone asking for my input and who wanted to learn from my experience.  I was honestly a little apprehensive at first, I often look for the catch in situations, you know trying to figure out how things are going to back fire on me or this some sort of trap.  I'm more then a little paranoid about things like that at times.

The first person asked if we could talk but wasn't to clear on what the subject would be.  When we did meet he wanted to ask about my experiences as a Master and how we make our relationship work.  Apparently it is seen as a success by many people.  I consider to be one but had know idea that other people felt the same way.  It felt really good to talk about it and in some ways brag about it.

After both discussion I can say that it felt really good to be someone that people felt they could talk to and get advice from.

No comments: