Pages

Saturday 9 February 2008

Assault on Reason

So the other day my wife brought home a couple of books for both of us. The plan being that she would read one of them while I read through the other since in the end we both want to read each of the books. I took Al Gore's book 'The Assault on Reason' since it was a book I have been wanting to read for a while.

Basically I started it today on the bus ride home from work and it's been a fairly interesting read so far. What what he has talked about so far he is going to spend a lot of time looking at how the politics of America has changed and more importantly how the interaction by the common American with the politics has changed. I've been fairly impressed by the way it reads so far, it comes across a lot like the way speaks. At a guess I would say a lot of what I have read so far comes from speeches he has given over the years.

You might be wondering why I as a Canadian would be reading a book on American. Well if you are wondering that I strongly suggest taking a good look at the world around. Sadly the politics of America has a massive impact on the politics of the world. We may not like it, the majority of us don't want it but we can't change it. So it's best that we understand it.

Well more on the book as I read futher.


No comments: