Pages

Thursday 3 January 2008

Weigh

So I've talked a little bit about my weight and my intent to loss weight. Today was the first weigh in day, I will be weighing in every Thursday going forward and will be posting the result as well as some of the changes I have made in my life and what I have been doing that lead to the weight-loss.

So my initial weight was 398.2 that was as of December 24th, current weight as of this morning is 387.7 for a loss of 10.5 pounds. *Does Happy dance* I almost couldn't believe my eyes when I read the scale this morning at the Mount Carmel Clinic. The scale we have at home doesn't go high enough to measure my weight.

Here are the changes I have made


  • Drinking water instead of Soda. I used to drink a minimum of 1 2 litre bottle of Pepsi a day, sometimes more. I have replaced that with drinking water, I will still have the odd glass of soda if I am out some where or having dinner with friends over the holidays. I've been averaging about 4 litres of water a day.



  • Cutting down on eating out for lunch. By bringing my own lunch I have a better idea what I'm eating and more control over it.



  • Cutting down on snacks and changing the type of snacks I have. Instead of eating a chips and chocolate I've been eating carrots more.



  • lastly I've been trying to excercise daily, although I've been failing miserably at this last one for the most part.



I realize that this quick drop in weight is not going to continue forever and that it will get harder before am through but it was a great start and a real boost to my confidence.


No comments: