Pages

Wednesday 6 January 2016

Goals for 2016


I don't like to make resolutions for the year ahead.  I much prefer to think of them as goals for the new year. 

With that in mind I also make sure that they are SMART goals.  If you are not familiar with the idea of a SMART goal here ia a quick primer

Specific (Goals must be clear and unambiguous) 
Measurable (Results must be able to be measured in some way, for example, the number of products sold each week, or the percent completion)
Attainable (Goals must be realistic and attainable by the average employee)
Relevant (Goals must relate to your organization's vision and mission) 
Time-bound (Goals must have definite starting and ending points, and a fixed duration)

I'll be keep these in mind as I write my own goals for 2016.  Looking at the list means of each letter you can see that they were intended for a group or organization but that doesn't make them any less valuable to an individuals goals.

Health:
  • Complete Zombies Run couch to 5k:
 This is to be completed by tamile's birthday June 20th.  It will go a long way towards my own journey of health. Completing this has also been a long time goal for me as well, and it is one that I will see completed at long last this year.
  •  Build to a weekly exercise routine
 I find that I easily fall in a routine that lacks exercise.  So much of my life and the things I enjoy are sedentary that I need to work to actively make physically activity apart of my daily / weekly routine.  By January 16th I will post a weekly schedule that will show my intended out routine.  Then by the end of January I'll post a follow up to show how I've been doing on it.

Personal:
  • Get my drivers license.
I've had my beginner's license for a long time at this point and it is time I get off my ass and be able to drive on my own.  Far to often there are things I miss out on because of my inability to drive myself to them.
  • Lifestyle Skills  and Power Exchange
There are a number of different skills that fall in to the kink lifestyle that I have dabbled in.  I really want to take the time to learn to make use of these skills in more in-depth.  I want to be able to use them in scenes at will, without having to take the time to for example look through a book as I'm working. 

An important part of those lifestyle skills include developing a relationship with someone to whom I can have an on going power exchange relationship.  I have parts of that style of relationship with two people at the moment but know that it could be so much more.

Professional:
  • Clear attendance record at work.
 This is a simple one.  All I need to do is not miss work and it will take care of itself.
  •  Successfully launch and fulfill Casting KickStarter
 This one is far more complex then the last one.  It would take many posts to explain it all and everything that is required.
  • Complete test and prototyping for Gnome Care and continue working on other games
 If I want to be successful in the world of game design I need to always be working on projects.  It isn't enough to just make a single game and then start on the next one.  I need always be working on the next game, the next project.

Spiritual:
  • Develop a regular meditation practice
 A few times over the last couple of years I have started to try and set up a meditation practice.  The times I have started the practice I have very much enjoyed the experience and felt better for it.  I want to be able to develop a practice that allows me to tap into that experience.

Anyways those are my goals for 2016.  It took me longer to post them then I had intended, but they were up and posted before the end of the first week.  So I'm happy with that accomplishment.  

No comments: