Pages

Sunday 26 July 2015

Day 4 By Pass Update

Well it has been four days since the by pass.  All in all I'm doing pretty good.  I've still only had a single bowel movement and I would very much like to start having them with some amount of regularity.

Me at the start line

Saturday was pretty exciting,  Months before I knew I would be having the surgery we had signed up for the Winnipeg 5k Color Me Rad run.  I was honestly pretty torn about how I was going to deal with this.  At first I had considered just going to cheer them on and sitting at the finish line waiting for them.  Then I considered walking as much of it as I could and just doubling back to the finish line.  I went back and forth on this a lot since the surgery and before hand.  Saturday morning I was getting dressed and pulled out the shirt I had worn to the other color me rad runs I had done.  It was pretty much decided at that point I was going to walk as much of it as I could.  I nearly dropped out around the 4 kilometer mark.  But I decided I had gone that far another kilometer wouldn't hurt.  I'm really glad that I made it to the finish line and did the whole route.  It felt like a really big accomplishment.  Granted there is still apart of me that is fairly certain that while it was an accomplishment it was also a stupid decision.    In the end I guess I don't really care all that much I accomplished what I set out to do.  Next year I will be running it one way or the other.


At the finish line (Left to right Randilin, tamile, and friend)

Showing off my incisions
naviara and her father joined us as well.
We finished off the day with a stop at Ikea.  tamile and I needed new bed side dressers for our room.  I was so waiting for someone to ask to help me find something I wanted to say I was looking for the shower displays to get cleaned up.  Sadly no one asked me anything but tamile and our friend did enjoy a snack afterwards.
I of course had water!

Once home a nap was had followed by a shower, in which a lot of the bandages came off.  Then the evening was spent babysitting the the grandkids who for the most part did a good job of not poking my stomach.


No comments: