Pages

Sunday 22 November 2009

Write or Die Blogging

So this is the first attempt at using Write or Die as a blogging tool. I've been using it with regular and active success all through the month of November as I struggle to keep up with my NANOWRIMO project. So I wanted to check it out and see how it plays out as a blogging tool as well. Apparently it has a feature that allows what I write in its window to be posted directly here. So here's hoping it works.

So November has been an insane month, there is just no other way to put it. Where I would normally be between 5 and 10 thousand words ahead of my NANO goal I'm currently about 3 thousand behind. Not something I'm proud of but at least I'm not as far behind as some of the people I often write with. I'm not sure just what it is that is causing me to fall behind but I certainly have. If I was forced to put my finger on one thing and say "This is it, this is the reason I'm behind" I'd have to say that it is life.

So far this month I've had four days that have a zero word count as well as another four with a word count under 500 words. Its hard to say but its true, I've been letting other things get in the way of writing. Granted I'm excited about those other things as well. Like my new position as Secretary of the CEP Local 7 Union I belong to. A week worth of training out of the office as we well as an evening meeting. All of it adds up, either way I'm done making excuses about it and for my writing. I'm just going to have to buckle down and git er done. (Yeah it was meant to be written like that)

So if this works out my plan is to have a 10 minute Write or Die session at least 6 days out of the week. So that I'm getting back in to the habit of posting something to the site. Who knows how it will work out in the long run, but it's worth the attempt. I have a whole bunch of other up coming goals and focuses that I'll be working on as well. More about those another day. I want to really flesh them out so I can make them apart of my blog and my writing lifestyle.

Wow over 450 words in under ten minutes I'm pretty impressed by that. Just wish I could do it in my writing as well. Now to see how posting this works out.

Later, oh and let me know what you think of the idea.

No comments: