Pages

Sunday 28 December 2008

2008 in review


1. What did you do this year that you'd never done before?:
I submitted a short story for possible publication. That was back at
the end of October, I haven't heard anything back yet

2. Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions, and will you make more for next year?:
I don't remember if I made any. So if I did make some I likely didn't
keep them very well.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?:
Some people I've known for a number of years had a son a few weeks ago,
however I am not very close with them.

4. Did anyone close to you die?:
I lost three friends this year which is far to many in my opinion

5. What countries did you visit?:
None, I stayed in Canada for the year

6. What would you like to have next year that you lacked this year?:
Organization and a commitment to write.

7. What dates from this year will remain etched upon your memory, and why?:
I always hate this question each and every year. I remember things based
on events more then I do base on the dates on which they happened. As for
events I'd have to go with FolkFest this year for one. Samhein has some found
memories associated with it this year for a number of different reasons and very exciting reasons for me. The last one that leaps to Mind for me would be Mabon when we released the first ever episode of the Magical Earth Quadcast.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?:
Editing a story from about 10k down to 5k over the course of about 9 revisions

9. What was your biggest failure?:
Since I learned for each other

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?:
Nope, I was pretty healthy this year. *Knocks on Wood*

11. What was the best thing someone bought you?:
A hoodie

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?:
I'm going to give this question a pass to not cause someone head
to swell.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?:
The Canadian Government as a whole.

14. Where did most of your money go?:
Bills and Debt

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?:
Writing

16. What song will always remind you of this year?:
Air Ship Pirates

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?:
Happier

b) thinner or fatter?:
Thinner, although not as Thin I as was back in June of this year. In fact at that point
I had lost just shy of 50 pounds. Since then I have gained it all back accept for about
4 pounds.

c) richer or poorer?:
Richer in some ways and Poor in others

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?:
Exercise

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?:
Eat apparently

20. How did you spend Christmas?:
We took down the Christmas stuff at our place and then had dinner at friends.

21. Did you fall in love this year?:
To late I already was. Although I did fall in love with a couple of new books and ideas.

22. How many one night stands?:
To keep the little running gag going, I'll point out that there is no space between the
bed and the door for any night stands

23. What was your favorite TV program?:
Los Vegas

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?:
I really need to get around to take things question off the list. I never waste the energy on hating things. It isn't worth my time or my energy.

25. What was the best book you read?:
David Weber books and a short book called Elements of Style.

26. What was your greatest musical discovery?:
A Steam punk band called Abany Park

27. What did you want and get?:
A Nano and a Bass Guitar

28. What did you want and not get?:
An Itouch

29. What was your favorite film of this year?:
I'm torn between Dark Knight and Iron Man

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?:
We had a bunch of people over while I turned 33, which oddly enough had a pretty
big impact on my mood for a few days. I honestly felt old as if I had lived at least a third of my life. I was told it was a depressing thought and suggested that I should dwell on it.

31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?:
Money clearly would have been nice, but really looking back it was a decent year.

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept this year?:
Hey this is folded up and in my draw.

33. What kept you sane?:
Is it possible for the same thing which kept me sane to also drive me insane?

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?:
As most of you will know I have a hard enough time remembering the actors or actoresses
names, let alone remembering them long enough to fancy.

35. What political issue stirred you the most?:
The American election, oh yeah and in case anyone missed it the Canadian election
that most people ignored.

36. Who did you miss?:
Surprisingly few people. I figure a lot of people who have left my live have done so for a reason.

37. Who was the best new person you met?:
I met a lot of new people this year many of whom were really interesting. That
being said since I don't pay to much attention to dates it is hard to know when
I met new people. So am going to go with myself, because I did learn a number of new things about myself over the course of the year.

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned this year?:
I continue to learn that I can do what I put my mind to.

39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year?:
Herr Drosselmeyer's Doll: (The Spoke Portion)
"Gentlemen, this fallen angel is the illegitimate daughter of art and science. A modern marvel of engineering, clockworks elevated to the very natural process which even now is in your blood, racing, your eyes flashing at such irreproachable beauty. Here is Gaia, here is Eve, here is Lilith, and I stand before you as her father. Sprung fully-formed from my brow, dewy and sweet; she can be yours and yours again, for her flesh is the incorruptible pale to be excused from the wages of sin."

No comments: