Pages

Sunday 23 March 2008

Reality TV at its best

For a while now I've been trying to cut down on my TV consumption. One of the ways I have been doing that is by avoiding watching new shows. Tonight I kind of broke that rule and watched a new show called 'Oprah Big Give' and what an amazing show it is.

I've long been a fan of the Extreme Home Make Over. A show that shows up and makes over a single families home. Oprah's Big Give blows it out the water tonights show had 7 contestants each had a hundred thousand dollars and they had to give it away. The rules 24 hours to do it, no more then 500 per person or 10,000 per single location. The last rule was that they couldn't just give away the money they had to give away stuff.

The past hour was perhaps some of the best tv I've watched in a long time. Seeing the joy on families faces as a man spent 10,000 dollars to buy member of a community food. Grabbing 20 people in a Target and giving them a $500 shopping spree. So many great things so many great ideas.

If youhave cable check it out. If you don't google it and read about the show you won't be disappointed...

No comments: