Pages

Thursday 14 February 2008

Valentine's day from Hades

So have you ever had one of those evenings where almost everything and anything that could go wrong did? Tonight was just such an evening for my wife and I. The day itself went ok, we met after work at Tim Hortons and the two of had a nice bus ride home. We didn't have a lot of time at home because we had to rush out to get weighed i, stop long enough to fill the gas tank, and then meet a friend at Costco

That's when things started to go down hill, neither of us had done as well as we would of liked. I'll post a weigh update later. After weighing in we rushed to Transcona and met with a friend from work and went thru Costco. We found some great deals and needed a little extra money, so I went over to the LASER cash machine. Planning to pull out an extra $100. Instead the machine took a hundred from my account and didn't give me a cent. Now I have to go back to Costco when I have more money, and I also have to go to my bank to deal with it to try and get my Hundred dollars back.

We called it failed trip, and left. Next stop Montana's for a nice dinner for Valentine's day and also to celebrate my wife's new job. We ordered a nice steak dinner, Now my wife likes her steak Blue Rare. It's not for everyone but its some of the only meat we eat that doesn't have to be seriously cooked to ensure its safe. It how she likes it and how she should be able to have it. When she ordered it that way, the waiter made a face at it. We didn't comment at the time, but looking back perhaps we should have.

A little while goes back and he brings out the food again making a negative comment about the blue rare steak in passing before hurrying off to another table. Fairly when he came back later to ask how things were she was just cutting in to it, and he made another comment. My wife got up and walked away to the wash room and said she had enough of her meal choice being made fun of. She left I complained to the manager, I plan to phone tomorrow and complain as well. The whole thing was awful, the stupid waiters comments where enough to ruin our dinner and turn us of Montana's completely.

2 comments:

Veggiemomof2 said...

While I haven't a clue what blue rare is, I applaud you letting the staff & management know how rudely you were treated!! I've been a waitress & never complained about serving food I wouldn't eat myself!

Randilin said...

Blue rare steak is a steak that is rarer then rare.

From Wikipedia:
Blue rare or very rare - Cooked very quickly; the outside is seared, but the inside is usually cool and barely cooked. The steak will be red on the inside and barely warmed.