Pages

Sunday 8 March 2015

International GM's Day

So March 4th is International GM's day.  It is a day to recognize the hard work that is done by Game Masters every day.  It also marks the anniversary of the death of Gary Gygax.  It also happened to line up with my regular game session.  The guys all thanked me for the effort I put in to the game, which was nice but for me it is about the love of the game.

When I look back at my life as a gamer I'm amazed at how much of an impact it has had one me.  I was first introduced to gaming around the age of 11 or 12.  During a storm while camping a group of us were hanging out for a night and one of the guys pulled out a copy of RoleMaster.  From there I was hooked and didn't look back.  A month hasn't gone by where I haven't gamed.

It was because of my love of gaming that I got into the card game called Magic: the Gathering, That game turned the connection that in some ways brought my wife and I together.  We still game on together a couple of times a month.

My interest in gaming was also the reason I started attending science fiction convention.  Through that I've met a lot of people in the gaming industry.  Since then I've been written several different adventures that have been submitted for publication.  I've also written and have published a board game called Battle Skies.  There are also a number of expansions some that have been released and others that are in the works.

You'll also see a lot more about two future projects that are in the works in the coming months.  I'm very excited and passionate about both.

No comments: