Pages

Thursday 16 April 2009

Quote the Raven

Alright I'll admit it I have been super quiet as of late. Things have been hugely busy and exciting around the household, which I made a decision at the start of it all not to bring it up on the blog. In all honesty I just didn't see the point in sharing it or making a big public deal about it. Needless to say things have calmed down and is in the past. So hopefully I'll be able to get on here more regularly and talk about the things that matter to me. Now on to the reason and the inspiration of the post.

So for about two years now I've had a couple of fairly consistent companions who followed me around in the form of a couple of Ravens. I would leave my house in the morning and walk through the park and they would be on the light standards Cawing at me. Later they would be on the power lines near the bus stop. Then I'd see them again in the park lot as I got to work. This of course would repeat in reverse on the way.

At first I thought nothing of it. I can be a bit oblivious at times. After a few months I did start to wonder what the hell was up. Then over the summer a visiting Psychic was in town and my wife and I went for a visit and to get a reading. Out of the blue she brings up these Ravens. I was completely dumb founded and impressed all at the same time. She flatly informed me that there was something important to me that I was neglecting it. The Ravens had taken it on themselves to remind me and get me back on track. I was fairly certain that they were there to get me writing and working seriously on a project or two.

Of course I didn't get to work on anything and largely ignored the message for about another year or so. But since this past NANOWrimo I've been working pretty steady on a few different projects and making a point of writing a couple of times a week to the best of my ability. Two weeks ago I noticed something, or to be more exact the absence of something, the ravens were gone. At first I wanted to blog about it right away, but I held off. I had to be sure that it wasn't just a fluke and it wasn't I haven't seen them in weeks now.

I'm happy to announce that I am on the right track with my writing and with my study of writing.

1 comment:

Greenman said...

Hey Randilin
Im new to your blog and blogging in general, I would like to join the pagan blogger network. But about the Ravens, I just left a career that, the ability to observe the changes in your surroundings could be the difference between walking this earth and a one way ticket to Valhalla. We were taught that animals, birds especially, in any terrain, urban, woodland,jungle and my fav desert, will alert you to any change in your surroundings. It sounds to me like these Ravens took time to give you a gift, I'd listen and thank them for watching your 6. Its not everyday a man gets a gift like that.
Greenman